AnsweredAssumed Answered

Host Connection Failed and unable to located problem

Question asked by vvnli on Mar 21, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 by vvnli

Dear FM Community,

So I created a new solution on FM Pro 14 for my department on this host computer, and it was shareable/accessible with other users. However, after some time, other users were not able to access the solution, with the Launch Center stating "Connection Failed".

I attempted to locate the problem but with no success.

The TCP/IP address was correctly added to the Favorites on the other user's computers FM Pro. The port 5003 inbound rule still exists on both the host computer and other user's computers. Those two steps I believe is the basic process in making the solutions available to others who have access to the TCP/IP address information.

I would like to add that we are using a 2-in-1 computer as the host and internet access is available through the university's wifi. I do not think this was an issue because previous access was pretty smooth until the connectivity problem occurred.

Also, the computer did go through a typical Windows update not that long ago and was accidentally shut down a few times. Could this have affected the settings somewhere on the computer or FileMaker?

Best regards,

New FM user

Outcomes