2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 12:43 PM by designdb

Slow-Opening DDR via FMP Advanced

richardsrussell

I'm using FMP Advanced 15.0.3.305 on an iMac running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 using Safari 10.0.3 as my browser. If not 100% up to date, they're all damn close to it, so I don't think my problem's due to software decrepitude.

Lately my Database Design Reports have been taking much longer than usual to open. It still takes a couple of minutes to create them, but heretofore, whenever I clicked on a file name in the Report Overview, I got the full display within 5-10 seconds. Now one of my files (14 tables, 150 layouts) takes close to 3 minutes to show up, and another one (20 tables, 100 layouts) on a different iMac (same software, tho) takes over 5. Each time there's only 1 file in the DDR, and I'm only looking at 5 quantities (tables, relationships, layouts, value lists, and scripts) for it.

This seems way too slow. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just me? Or maybe just those files in particular? Other, smaller files display just as quickly as always.

• 1. Re: Slow-Opening DDR via FMP Advanced
          mikebeargie

What is the file size of your DDR?

Does it not go away after rebooting your system?

I would try doing a deep level trawl in your OS for any temp files of the same or similar name to get rid of. Also, clear your browser temp files cache and then restart.

Also, switching to XML based DDRs and using the blazing fast FMPerception product to read them out may be a long term solution towards DDR usability and your own sanity. Depends on what you are using DDR reports for, but I have found it invaluable.

• 2. Re: Slow-Opening DDR via FMP Advanced
            designdb

Additional advantage to moving to the XML-based DDRs: My experience has been that the XML DDRs output noticeably faster than the HTML DDRs.

Disclosure: I'm the developer of the above-mentioned FMPerception.