6 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2017 5:47 AM by baldewicz

Switch between iMac and iPad

baldewicz

Hi All,

I have a database  that is fairly simple in structure.

A user on an iMac enters information into a record and then drops and drags a PDF into a container field.  Due how the pdf is created/stored it is much easier for the user to do this from an iMac (must authenticate with our server).  Once the user is done entering data and the PDF has been inserted I need to capture the users signature.  This is fairly simple to do on an iPad/iPhone.

Is there a way for the user to hand off their current State ( account privileges, Global Variables, current record) to the iPad to capture the signature?  Basically I am looking for a feature similar to Handoff.

I don't need to hand off back to the computer because as soon as the user signs they are done.  Or is there an easy way to capture a users signature on an iMac?  Please note the signature must be a drawn signature. 

We have a mouse/ trackpad/ Wacom tablet that we are able to use.  We would prefer to not use a plugin if possible.

We are currently using FM 15.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Switch between iMac and iPad
          wimdecorte

There is no handoff, so you'd have to build something that comes close to it.

The user would have to re-authenticate obviously.  Alternatively, if the only thing you are interested in is the actual signature then check out Soliant's jbrown's web viewer integration library.  It has one that is similar to the FM Go signature capture.  That way you don't have to hand off to an iPad and can do it on the machine the user is already logged into.

• 2. Re: Switch between iMac and iPad
            baldewicz

wimdecorte Thank you! The Web View Integration Library is perfect! 

Now just to get it implement....

• 3. Re: Switch between iMac and iPad
              jbrown

Let me know if you need advice in getting it set up.

That integration captures the signature as a JSON object. To view it again, you'd use another function in there to render it in a web viewer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Switch between iMac and iPad
                baldewicz

First Sorry to resurrect an older Thread.

jbrown First, Thank you very much for created the Web Viewer Integrations file. I have both parts (Capture/Redraw) integrated into my solution, but I do have a bit of a puzzle.

When in the Drawing Capture portion of the solution when the user clicks the Save button in the web viewer, the code calls a FileMaker Script "SaveDrawing" .  My question is there any way to run the "SaveDrawing" script with Full Access Privileges? 

Hopefully I am clear in what I am trying to do, if this is complex I do have a workaround working, which logs the user in as an admin and then back out to their previous privilege set.

• 5. Re: Switch between iMac and iPad
                  jbrown

Howdy.

I'm glad you like it. If you are coming to DevCon, my session will go into depth on it some more and provide more integrations (and a revised file).

To grant full-access privileges, you simply right-click on the script in the menu on the left side of the workspace and choose "Grant Full Access Privileges".

That will run it with no restrictions from the priv set of the current user.

Hope that helps.

• 6. Re: Switch between iMac and iPad
                    baldewicz

I will be at DevCon, and am looking forward to your session (it is one of the sessions I am looking forward to the most).  Thank you for that, I never realized I could right click on a script like that before.

Thank you, and see you at DevCon.