5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2017 2:43 PM by TSGal

Close window button not visible

Datastudio

Hi all,

another error that persist for few years on Windows systems is that red close window button sometimes dissapears.

Best regards,

J.

• 1. Re: Close window button not visible
          TSGal

Datastudio:

Thank you for your post.

What version of FileMaker Pro are you using?

What actions do you take that makes the red Close Windows button inactive?

Are you using a custom menu that has Close Window disabled?  Do you have a dialog box open?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in determining the cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Close window button not visible
            Datastudio

Hi,

sorry I did not express myself 100% correct. I ment the buttons for closin, maximizing or minimazing complete filemaker. (new picture below). All three buttons dissapear. I have not yet find a pattern at which this occour.

Also if new fm file is open the buttons are still gone. 

Rgds.,

J.

Close_2.png

• 3. Re: Close window button not visible
              TSGal

Datastudio:

Create a new Windows user account, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro and create a new database file.  If you can close out the FileMaker Pro application, then the issue is with the original user account.  If you still cannot exit the application, then I would reinstall FileMaker Pro.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Close window button not visible
                Datastudio

We have tried all this. But without success. Also this happens only in filemaker.

• 5. Re: Close window button not visible
                  TSGal

Datastudio:

Since I am unable to replicate the issue using Windows 10 and FileMaker Pro 15.0.3, the issue appears to be either FileMaker Pro or your system.

Download a fresh copy of FileMaker Pro, and temporarily install it on another machine.  Create a new file and see if the issue occurs.  If the issue doesn't occur, then reinstall the fresh copy of FileMaker Pro onto your original machine.  See if the issue occurs.  If it still occurs, then you may need to perform a clean install of your system.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.