AnsweredAssumed Answered

CSV flat file to relational FM database -  Is there a third party plugin/software that would take care of that?

Question asked by wilma2017 on Mar 23, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2017 by Jason Wood

I am not filemaker expert, I am not even sure I would be a novice, I am just an end user that has gotten stuck with the FM database without help. I have received help here once before and it was awesome! My question, since there are so many of us end users out there without real knowledge, is there a software that could assist in importing a flat file, like an excel file that would allow me to populate all the fields in my database?

The database was a solution I purchased and the developer will not help, without paying $250/hr. I have, at times, large excel files with first name, last name, company name, and email, phone.

I can import the first name, last name but not the email and phone of course since it doesn't relate to the different tables.

Is there a software that can help me import this into the proper tables? Is there a script?

I don't have the knowledge or the time to create anything to import these files, they happen infrequently but I need to find something since the excel files are usually fairly large.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes