Geist Interactive announces first-ever, free, open source FileMaker developer utility for connecting with web and JSON APIs.
Generator™ makes connecting FileMaker solutions to any other API-supported website or service faster and easier than ever before.
NEWBURY PARK, Calif. – March 17, 2017 – For FileMaker developers wanting a better way to integrate FileMaker custom apps to data from other websites and services, Geist Interactive today announced the availability, Generator™.
What is Generator?
Generator™ is the first ever, open source FileMaker developer utility for integrating with web APIs and JSON elements. It makes it faster and easier to connect your FileMaker solutions to other API-supported websites or services.
“Never before has there been anything like this to help FileMaker developer this way,” said Todd Geist, CEO of Geist Interactive. “Generator will drastically speed development for experienced users while quickly teaching beginning FileMaker developer modern techniques for working with web and JSON APIs. Plus, it’s completely free so anyone can download it right now.”
How does Generator work?
By creating ready-to-use scripts that are pre-integrated with web and JSON APIs, you can quickly and easily connect FileMaker solutions to any supported website or service in 3 simple steps.
- Generator analyzes your open database and helps you create a field map between the fields in your database and the data elements in the website or service that you want to connect with.
- Once the fields are mapped, you click a button and the ready-to-use FileMaker scripts are generated and added to your clipboard.
- Copy and paste the pre-integrated scripts into your FileMaker solution to complete the connection.
Pricing and Availability
- Generator is completely free via download here: https://www.geistinteractive.com/generator
- It requires FileMaker Pro 12, 13, 14 and 15 for Mac or PC.
For more information on Geist Interactive, please contact: