hsutton47

Security Priviledge Set and Sharing Issue

Discussion created by hsutton47 on Mar 27, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 by hsutton47

When user mike logs into his Windows 10 Pro account and launches FM 15, he gets a pop-up error notification:  "FileMaker cannot share a file because FileMaker network sharing is turned off."  However when I check FM 15 share setting it shows it is turned on.

1. User Mike has permissions set to be able to modify only 3 fields in the database.  But when he attempts to make a change to one of those fields, he gets an error notification:  "This action cannot be performed because this field is not modifiable."  Yet in his FM 15 privilege set those fields are set to Modifiable.

1. As a further troubleshoot test, under my Windows 10 admin account I set the folder to FileMaker 15 as shared by Everyone and with privileges set to Full Control.

After doing all this, the same errors occur.  Prior to upgrading to FM 15, I was using FM 10 Pro Adv.  All worked fine.  But after upgrading to FM 15, these issues occur and I have not been able to figure it out.

Screen shots attached of FM 15 share and user security settings as well as Windows 10 sharing and user permissions to the shared FileMaker 15 folder.

Outcomes