3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 8:51 AM by TSGal

FMGo 15.04 crashes when weak/bad network is available

Markus Schneider

FMGo, database on a server. iPad Pro with celluar (iOS 10.2.1)

- working on a train in Germany

- network is fine (4G), but drops down to Edge from time to time

- FM becomes unresponsive and finally closes the db, even all local files are closed

This is very common when working on the road. FMGo should *not* crash!

The db is a very simple one, serves just for doing some tests with colleagues

closing local files with the risk of even destroing one of them makes the usage of FMGo AND iPad problematic, maybe impossible!

)-:

• 1. Re: FMGo 15.04 crashes when weak/bad network is available
          TSGal

Markus Schneider:

Thank you for your post.

Did you have the same issue under FileMaker Go 15.0.3 (or earlier)?  I have been told that there were no network changes made in FileMaker Go 15.0.4.  FileMaker Server still pings connected devices every minute, and if no signal is reached within two minutes, FileMaker Server will disconnect the client.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMGo 15.04 crashes when weak/bad network is available
            Markus Schneider

Thank You very much for Your answer!

No, I can't compare 15.03 with 15.04 directly in this case.

But yes, I've had that when a connection to a server dropped (I wrote a feature request for that IMHO) with earlier versions as well. This time, FMGo became unresponsive and crashed (back to homescreen)

there was a fine 4G connection that dropped down to Edge when it happened

• 3. Re: FMGo 15.04 crashes when weak/bad network is available
              TSGal

Markus Schneider:

If FileMaker Go crashes and sends you back to the home screen, then this would not be caused by a network connection.  To get the crash report from your iPad Pro, connect your iPad to your Mac and launch iTunes.  Once everything syncs, then go into:

[User Account] -> Library -> Logs -> CrashReporter -> MobileDevice -> [your iPad]

Please post the crash report as it will help determine the cause of the crash.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.