AnsweredAssumed Answered

How Does One Connect Records?

Question asked by rlyons115 on Mar 28, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hi Everyone....

Quite the novice with Filemaker thus far. Did some essential training over at Lynda.com and in many aspects I'm pretty comfortable with using Filemaker. We're using it to develop a survey tool for our customers. We have two tables in the database set up as a one to many relationship. One project will have many location entries. The problem I am facing is that using a list view, I can see all of the location entries regardless of the selected project. What I don't know is if this is a sorting issue or if there were steps I needed to take to associate a given project with the entries for said project. I'm sure the reason I can't find an answer online is that this is so elementary that I should know already or I'm asking the wrong question or a combination of both. Either way, I'm a bit lost, and could really use some help.

I need multiple entries to be associated with one project and a way to display the entries for that project.

Hopefully this makes sense. Really didn't want to have to ask, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes