AnsweredAssumed Answered

Maximum number of computers problem with Filemaker Pro 15 and Filemaker Go

Question asked by AitchB on Mar 29, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 by AitchB

Hi,

This may be a basic and silly question but...

I have FMP 15 installed on my iMac and my Macbook. I have Filemaker Go on 2 iPhones and have just put Filemaker Go on the iPad. Now I get the "Too many activated Filemaker Pros" error message on the Macbook.

Our FM DB is stored on Apple iCloud. I need access to it often as we travel a lot and we get booking requests, which have to be addressed quickly. The Planning is on our FM DB.

What I do not fully understand are the Network sharing options. I do not use Filemaker Server.  It is only my wife and I that use the DB and it has been working fine with access on the computers and 2 devices. Can anyone tell me if  there is a restriction on the number of devices using Filemaker Go?

Network sharing is "On"

"Share with FM Clients" gives me an IP address. I know that the TCP/IP address is not secure but that is not really a concern for us. (or should it be?!!)

Or do I use the "Configure for FM Webdirect" and the checkboxes are a little vague!!

I've read through the excellent FMGo_14_techbrief_EN.pdf But I didn't see this information.

One quick additional question (if allowed): The saved DB has the extension .fmp12 and I have FMP 15. Is that correct?

All the best to you all and as ever thanks in advance for all whose time we use.

Henry

Outcomes