AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange behaviour with portals in popups

Question asked by PetterDerhaag on Mar 29, 2017

Product and version Filemaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3.305

OS and version macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Browser and version N/A

Hardware Macbook Pro (early 2015)

Description

Since a couple of days, Filemaker has been acting strangely when it comes to a number of popovers and their content. It seems that the focus is missing. Whenever I try to select a popover's contents (in most cases a portal), the selection does not happen. Double clicking does invoke the menu for e.g. setting up the portal, or the button set up. Since I want to modify the conditional formatting, this does not help. Moreover, the selection (drag) rectangle stays visible even after I've released the click.

I haven't come across any similar situations while Googling. Restarting my Macbook, restarting Filemaker Pro Advanced does not resolve the issue.

Added is a screenshot of an example. A number of things to note:

1. The selection 'drag' window is still visible (the dark grey line over the red chevron pointing right)

2. The screen helpers (orange lines) are clearly projected over the popover, I don't believe that is expected behaviour but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The issue comes up in multiple files hosted on multiple different servers, so I believe it's either my filemaker installation, or a proper bug.

How to replicate

I haven't been able to put my finger on when the issue happens and when not. In the screenshot; each chevron represents a popover. Either can work, or not (most of the time it's not), but I haven't found any pattern so far to determine when it will work.

Workaround (if any)

None yet. Unfortunately.

Outcomes