0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 7:39 AM by PetterDerhaag

Strange behaviour with portals in popups

PetterDerhaag

Product and version Filemaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3.305

OS and version macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Browser and version N/A

Hardware Macbook Pro (early 2015)

Description

Since a couple of days, Filemaker has been acting strangely when it comes to a number of popovers and their content. It seems that the focus is missing. Whenever I try to select a popover's contents (in most cases a portal), the selection does not happen. Double clicking does invoke the menu for e.g. setting up the portal, or the button set up. Since I want to modify the conditional formatting, this does not help. Moreover, the selection (drag) rectangle stays visible even after I've released the click.

I haven't come across any similar situations while Googling. Restarting my Macbook, restarting Filemaker Pro Advanced does not resolve the issue.

Added is a screenshot of an example. A number of things to note:

1. The selection 'drag' window is still visible (the dark grey line over the red chevron pointing right)

2. The screen helpers (orange lines) are clearly projected over the popover, I don't believe that is expected behaviour but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The issue comes up in multiple files hosted on multiple different servers, so I believe it's either my filemaker installation, or a proper bug.

How to replicate

I haven't been able to put my finger on when the issue happens and when not. In the screenshot; each chevron represents a popover. Either can work, or not (most of the time it's not), but I haven't found any pattern so far to determine when it will work.

Workaround (if any)

None yet. Unfortunately.