1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 8:16 AM by BruceRobertson

Check Box

glenngrankvist

Hi

I am more or less ready with my CRM

But one problem that i can not understand or can find a solution.

I have made check Box  all work perfect i click on it and the mark is there.

then i make a new table. put in the name and as text exact as before, make the check box value all as before

but now when i click on it nothing happen.
      checked the inspector, everything is the same WHY WHY

When i make the same name in the first field then its working ?

but  it must be possible to make this function in more the one field or?

Best regards

M

• 1. Re: Check Box
          philmodjunk

Make a copy of this field on your layout, but format as an edit box. Now click your check box and examine the edit box copy. What data appears in it?

Could the check box field be too narrow to show the value from the value list?

• 2. Re: Check Box
            glenngrankvist

I copy from that Table where it was working and copy it in to the second,

that is working then its working on the second table.

Then i copy from the table where it was not working and put it in the first

table its not working

This is how its looks

Thanks

Mikale

• 3. Re: Check Box
              philmodjunk

When you copy the table, you copy the data reference, the tableoccurrenceName::FieldName reference.

That reference may not work on the new layout if the layout is based on a different table.

Double click this field while in layout mode and use the specify field dialog that opens to select a field from your layout's table.

• 4. Re: Check Box
                glenngrankvist

I have not copy any table

that is so strange. everything from scratch

Just put up the different tables that i need and then

Thanks

Mikael

• 5. Re: Check Box
                  philmodjunk

Sorry. I mistyped my last response.

What I meant was, when you copy a field from one layout to another...

• 6. Re: Check Box
                    glenngrankvist

Hi

Thanks

The thing is i have not copy anything, so that make me confused.

I made a table and put in let say Check, i dragged it out make it as a

check box exactly as the first time but still not working ?

When i copy i did it to clarify if the problem was still there if i copy

it.

and the problem is still there.

• 7. Re: Check Box
                      philmodjunk

I took a look at your screen shot. What I see is a very large number of individual fields with what may be a check box format. I cannot tell which work and which do not.

What matters is what you can access about each such field while in layout mode.

Click the check box field in layout mode. What do you see in "Display data from" on the inspector's data tab?

What value list and field format is specified?

What is selected under "field entry" in the behavior section on the Inspector's Behavior tab?

A screen shot of this tab of the inspector, captured while the not working check box field is selected, might be enlightening.

• 8. Re: Check Box
                        glenngrankvist

Hi

In the top its standing Contact on that page its working, then i go to

Active overview

Here you can see all this check boxes ( No one is working on this page )

I made in the tablet for each page/Tab. and this function is not working at

any page more then if the text is it the main Tablet ?

I sent some screen print to show and make it easier

Thanks

Hi

[image: Inline images 1]

• 9. Re: Check Box
                          philmodjunk

Your layout is based on the customers table occurrence but the inspector shows that your check box field is from the customer active areas table occurrence (display data from tells me this)

Possible causes:

1) The two table occurrences might not be related

2) The two are related but there is no matching record in customer active areas and "allow creation..." is not enabled for customer active areas in this relationship.

3) There is a relationship and allow creation but there is no valid value in the match field in customer specified for this relationship.

Table occurrences are what we call the "boxes" in your relationship graph

• 10. Re: Check Box
                            glenngrankvist

Hi

Thanks for all the help,

I try to find out and i tried all tricks that I have in the book, but humm

still the same

I agree that i also think its some small but important thing that have to

be done, I send you a picture over the relations

you may find something

or where i have to look further

Thanks

[image: Inline images 1]

• 11. Re: Check Box
                              philmodjunk

None of those screenshots show me that "allow creation of related records" is enabled

None of those screen shots show that a record with a matching customer ID exists in customer active areas.

• 12. Re: Check Box
                                glenngrankvist

where do i find it

sorry

• 13. Re: Check Box
                                  philmodjunk

Double click the relationship line linking customers to customer active areas. There will be a check box for this to click on the customer active areas side of the dialog.

Or

You copy the value of __pkCustomerID from the current customer record to the clip board, go to a layout based on customer active areas, enter find mode and paste this value into _fkCustomerID before performing the find. I predict that you will not find any such matching record. If you then create a new record on this layout and paste this value into the _fkCustomerID field, your check box field should work. I would not use this as a regular way to work with your database, but it does show why your check box field is not working for you.

Enabling allow creation as I've specified allows your layout design to create one matching record in Customer Active Areas. The layout design that you've used will not allow you to create more records in this related table. You might want to use a portal, or you might want to base your layout on Customer Active Areas and set up the _fkCustomerID field with a value list of customer ID's and Names so that each time you create a new record, you select the relevant customer.

There are other alternatives as well but these two methods are the most straight forward ways to have multiple records in Customer Active Areas linked to a given customer record.

• 14. Re: Check Box
                                    glenngrankvist

You are the King ? Thanks thanks juppiiiii

Can i ask one other thing maybe you can that one as well

How to import a copy of a mail and keep them in order

Thanks Mikael

1 2 Previous Next