AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unsuccessful when using BE_HTTP_POST to Post x-www-form-urlencoded with post fields in the payload

Question asked by philipHPG on Mar 29, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 by nickorr

I'm attempting to interface our FileMaker database with a new API. We have successfully used the BaseElements plugin to interface with another API, which went fairly smoothly, but this one is a little bit more complicated. To obtain a token the API requires a Post with a Content-Type of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" and a payload of "grant_type=client_credentials" as post fields. I'm using the following script steps:

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 2.26.15 PM.png

(I'm not sure that line 15 is necessary, but I introduced it, hoping to push curl to use the CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS option.)

Unfortunately I get a response of "Incorrect Content-Type. Only application/x-www-form-urlencoded is allowed."

I was able to successfully complete an API call using Postman and from comparing that request to the info from BE_Curl_Trace it appears that the BE_HTTP_POST request is sending multipart form data (there is a Content-Length header field added and then a separate Send data line whereas with Postman the post fields are sent directly). The API documentation indicates to use CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, but I don't see an option for that with BE.

Am I missing something or is this beyond what the BaseElements plugin is capable of doing and I need to look into other options (MBS)?

Thanks,

Philip

Outcomes