AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having an issue with a value list result being recognized in an IF statement

Question asked by baronvonteabag on Mar 30, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 by philmodjunk

First let me preface this by saying that although I am not totally unfamiliar with Filemaker as a user I am very green when it comes to programming.  Much of my Excel knowledge I have for formulas seems to transfer over nicely to this but this one has me totally stumped and I cannot find a reasonable solution anywhere online (unless of course I am asking the question wrong).

If ( THICKNESS1 < 3 & WIDTH1 = 4 & GRADE1 = "DR" ; BRDFT1 ; 0 )

In the above formula, "THICKNESS1" & "WIDTH1" are both number fields that are a result of indexed lookups which, after some side testing, I have deemed not to be the culprit in my "0" result of this formula above.

"BRDFT1" on the other hand is an item in a value list called "GRADE".

In the above image...based on my formula...the thickness on line 1 is < 3 therefore true, the width on line 1 = 4 therefore true and the grade of "DR" is showing on line 1...the result should be the 5.33 from the last cell on line 1 but instead I get 0.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone cuz I am at my wits end.  I am assuming it has something to do with the fact that the DR is from a value list and not a directly keyed or indexed field but I can only speculate. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys can offer.  My guess is this is an easy response for someone out there.

Outcomes