AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to limit field input to specific layouts/fields based on current date?

Question asked by lsherich on Mar 31, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 by philmodjunk

I’ve built a little Wellness Challenge system for my school district which is hosted on our FileMaker 14 Server.  The participants can see each week’s results by logging in using WebDirect.

I would like to switch from having to input all participant minutes from PDFs, spreadsheets and shared google spreadsheets to having them enter their own minutes into the system.  Although I’m an amateur FileMaker system designer, I’ve figured out how to generate their accounts, create a privilege set for WebDirect access and have each participant only see their own records, however, I don’t know how to limit participant input to specific layouts during a specific dates.

Example:  Week 1 = 4/2 – 4/8 where input is allowed from 4/2 to 4/11; Week 2 = 4/9 – 4/15 where input is allowed from 4/9 – 4/16 and so on.  Note the input overlap.

2 possibilities:

One layout with all the possible dates of the challenge -- how can I limit participant to only be able to input the minutes in those fields that are allowed during the above-referenced timeframes?

Separate layouts which limit data input to specific weeks -- how do I make specific week layouts available only during the above-referenced timeframes?

Outcomes