2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2017 5:58 PM by LisaRose

Is there a way to capture the html of a WebDirect page.

StanW

I have a nicely formatted data layout in FileMaker and I would like to have an identical html page with data fed from FileMaker using php. I would like to avoid all the coding and just start with a well-formed WebDirect html page. When I save a page being fed by WebDirect from my web browser, I don't get much.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Is there a way to capture the html of a WebDirect page.
          beverly

Sorry, you must till the soil and plant to get the produce!

Sent from miPhone

• 2. Re: Is there a way to capture the html of a WebDirect page.
            LisaRose

As Beverly indicates, there probably isn't a really straightforward way to do this. If you save the WebDirect page as HTML from the browser's File menu, the resultant source can be messy and rendering unpredictable (as you've seen). And it may also have dependencies on WebDirect resources you wouldn't have access to via PHP.

One roundabout way you could try (just to get a headstart on page look and feel) would be to save/print your WebDirect layout as a PDF (using new 16 feature). And then use one of the various online PDF to HTML converters on it. You'd have to edit the results (e.g. add 'contenteditable' attribute to <div> tags for fields and such). But it might give some ideas for constructing the custom web page. Just did this with a very simple WebDirect layout. And it wasn't too bad.

1 of 1 people found this helpful