AnsweredAssumed Answered

Popup when changing between form view and table view

Question asked by jeffsb on Mar 30, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 by jeffsb

After writing a FileMaker solution and putting it through its paces, today I uploaded it to the http://www.triple8.net server so that it could be accessed by our people across the country. I ran the program from the server and it seemed to work just fine. However I came across one glitch. When you change from table view to form view or from form view to table view, on any of the tables in the solution, you get a pop-up which says "Do you wish to save this change with the layout?" And you have to choose between yes and no. I created a change view button that cycles between form view and table view but whether you change by the button or change by FileMaker's icons for changing view, that pop-up continues to appear asking, "Do you wish to save this change with the layout?"

This does not occur with the FileMaker file on the desktop that I uploaded to the triple8.net server but triple8.net seems to maintain a copy of the file on the server on my desktop and that file, on my desktop that seems to be a mirror of the one on the server, also gives that pop-up whenever going from form view to table view or vice versa.

How can I eliminate that pop-up and what causes it? Any help you can give me with this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Outcomes