2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 11:16 PM by Johan Hedman

FileMaker in Apple App Store

Johan Hedman

When I click on search icon on my iPhone (iOS 10.2.1) and enter filemaker I get this list

image1.PNG

First thing I would like to see is FileMaker 15, then FileMaker 14 and then FileMaker Inc. If I click on FileMaker Inc I get Apps in correct order FMGo15 and then FMGo14. Is there anyway that FMI can control the search filter in App Store so that FMGo15 is the first app that turns up when I search for filemaker.

I do not want my users to download wrong version of FMGo

I could even consider taking FMGo14 off that list or maybe just appear from FileMaker Inc. list of Apps

Another funny things is when I click on the search result FileMaker Inc. the apps that I get are in order

FMGo15

FMGo14

Icon Pack for FileMaker - Sam Reis

AlertFlag for FileMaker Go - James Ramsey

iLinea FMG - Infinite Peripheral...

PrintAssist LITE - iWare Inc.

Push FM - Alexey Dubov

PrintAssist - iWare Inc.

Golf Game Data Management - Eric Morasch

and so on

What did they pay Apple to show up on FileMaker Inc. list of Apps? Why are they there? Could FMI make then disappear so that only FMGo appear from that search result?

• 1. Re: FileMaker in Apple App Store
          TSGal

Johan Hedman:

After checking with Testing, Development and Product Marketing, the search is controlled by Apple.  The assumption is the listing is based on the number of downloads.  A message to Apple has been submitted for clarification.

When you submit an application to Apple, you can include keywords.  The assumption is those other listed applications may have been created using the iOS App SDK which includes the keyword "FIleMaker, Inc."

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker in Apple App Store
            Johan Hedman

I kind of thought that was the way it worked, but still hoped that there was a way that FMI could control the order.

For keywords, maybe FMI should send out a notice to those developers that FMI is not there company.