4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 11:53 AM by philmodjunk

Publishing

wb12

I have FM files built with FM Pro 9. I know it is very old version....but I try to get out of it as much as possible without spending $. Not sure if it possible...this is a reason I'm here. I'm looking for advice:

1. The database was built many years ago using FM5 then converted to FM9. The db consists of about 40 files and it works on a single PC. What would be the best path for me to choice in order to share it with other users (viewing, editing ect)? I was thinking to use the Instant Web Publishing but it does not work. I get the following message:

thanks

• 1. Re: Publishing
          beverly

Welcome (or welcome back?), wb12!

You have posted to an older thread and may not get replies. You can move your own post. Follow this thread on how to do that:

How to move from Community Feedback to Discussions

While that says from Community Feedback the method is the same from this space. If you have difficulties moving it, then we can contact TS for assistance moving it.

Thanks!

beverly

• 2. Re: Publishing
            TSPigeon

wb12:

Thank you for your post!

You may have issues with Instant Web Publishing in FileMaker Pro 9 if you are outside of the System Requirements.

As beverly suggested, I'm also going to move this thread from the FileMaker Developer Challenge 2016 Place to the Discussions Space where you should receive more views and potentially more feedback on this topic!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Publishing
              wb12

thanks TSPigeon

• 4. Re: Publishing
                philmodjunk

If the users with which you want to share are all on the same LAN (Local Area Network), you can host the files with FileMaker Server if you can find a copy old enough to work with your files. If there are just a few such users, you might be able to host the solution using FileMaker Pro to host the files for the others. Both options assume that each user has a copy of FileMaker Pro on their computer to use to connect to the database. Given the extreme age of your version, that might not be possible.