Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate this issue. This is what I have done.
1. Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3 under macOS Sierra 10.12.4, I created a database file.
2. The first table, "Table", contains ID (Number) and Name (Text).
3. The second table, "Second", contains ID (Number) and Phone (Text)
4. I created a relationship between Table and Second based on ID.
5. On the Table layout, I created a portal into Second displaying the field Phone.
6. On the "Second" layout, I created a button that executes Show Custom Dialog [ "TEST" ; "TEST" ]7. After returning to the Table layout, I created a new Window, and displayed the Second layout with the button.
8. From the Table layout, I opened Script Workspace and placed it on top of the "Second" window.
9. I created a script, and I am able to move my cursor anywhere on the script, able to move the panes, etc.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
Thanks for trying. I really should have produced a base case before reporting this.
Did you set the button to show a hand icon when hovering? The cursor moves and will perform actions as required, it's just the appearance of the cursor icon that renders incorrectly as I hover over things.
This specifically happens when changing focus from a window to the Script Workspace, after it is already open, and occurs only after the initial click in the Script Workspace to bring it into focus. If I click again in the Script Workspace, the cursor icon reverts to normal behaviour.
The case where it comes up for me is when I click into the script workspace and want to narrow the list of scrips on the left. I'll be in a layout window, and I'll click into the SW (e.g. the whitespace below the list of scripts in the left pane), then I'll hover my cursor over the vertical edge of the left pane waiting for the cursor icon to change to a <-|-> icon, which it doesn't, because the icon is referring to the contents of the window beneath it instead of the contents of the SW. If I click again in the SW window, the cursor will display the correct icon.
If you still can't reproduce it, I'll try to construct a base case when I am next able to, in a couple of days.
Thank you for the additional instructions. I am able to replicate the issue under macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and Mac OS X 10.10.5, but not under Windows 10. I also have slightly different results than what you reported. Specifically, regardless how many times I click in the Script Workspace, even if I click in the header area of the Script Workspace, the cursor will always change to a hand cursor when it hovers over the area where the button resides beneath it.
I have forwarded your information along with a sample file to our Development and Testing departments for review. When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.
Testing and Development are aware of the drawing issue under Mac OS X. This issue occurs with any floating window (Button Setup, Inspector, Field Picker, etc.) while using FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 14 and FileMaker Pro 15.