3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2017 12:22 PM by philmodjunk

Allowing Viewing of all Records in a list view

captainamerica24

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to prevent a user from navigating between records in a list view, but allowing him to view all the records. That's to say, he can scroll up and down, but the active record will always stay as the one he is on when he first enters the layout? By this, I mean without editing privilege sets.

• 1. Re: Allowing Viewing of all Records in a list view
          philmodjunk

Why would it make a difference?

What problem are you trying to solve?

• 2. Re: Allowing Viewing of all Records in a list view
            captainamerica24

So, I'm creating a function with in our app to allow do a sort-of texting action. In this, each message is an individual record and based on whether or not the message has been sent the "Send" button at the bottom will change to "Delivered". However, as with iMessage, you can't manually change that as it is based on whether or not you are composing a message. So, for example, my customer creates a record or message, based on the conditional hiding, if he has not sent the message yet, that will show as "Send". When he presses it, it will then say "Delivered" and a "+" button will show up to compose a new message. Then, when he creates a new record or message, it will change back to "Send". So, my problem is, after he has started composing the second message, I don't want him to be able to go back to it, but I still want him to be able to view it. Does that all make sense?Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 12.56.52 PM.png

• 3. Re: Allowing Viewing of all Records in a list view
              philmodjunk

Then you just need to control which record can be edited.

Access privileges is one one way to do that, but other options are also possible.

1) put to copies of this field on your layout. Use behavior settings to block Browse Mode access to one copy and not the other. Use Hide Object When to control which copy of the field is visible.

2) Put the editable copy of the field inside a popover. Use a button with a script to either open the popover or not as you see fit.