8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2017 6:11 PM by philmodjunk

Summary field to use in the same body that generated it.

info@musiktrends.com

Hello FM community:

First of all, I'd like to thank those who have taken the time to respond. The support has been excellent. As a result, I'm back asking for more help.

I'm creating a time tracking solution. Two jobs were worked on this particular day and times. The total number of hours worked on this day was 15.51(summary field). Ultimately, what I would like to do is take those hours, calculate regular hours (8), overtime hours (4), and double overtime hours (3.51) and allocate them based on the percentage of hours worked on each job. I already have the formulas ready. The result will be:

Job 1 (3.2 reg hours), Job 2 (4.8 reg hours) = 8 regular hours

Job 1 (1.6 overtime hours), Job 2 (2.4 overtime hours) = 4 overtime hours

Job 1 (1.4 double overtime hours), Job 2 (2.11 double overtime hours) = 3.51 double overtime hours

Basically, they're sharing the hours proportionately despite the length of time worked on each job individually. What I really need is to be able to take the value 15.51 from that summary field and put it back to where the number 148.01 appears. I've tried the getsummary function and creating a different summary field with no success. I'm not sure if it's possible or if I simply need to create a number field to plug the 15.51 number back into the body in order to calculate regular, overtime and double overtime allocation.

I'm cScreen Shot 2017-04-08 at 2.53.26 PM.png

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.