6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 11:20 AM by RayRomanczyk

Denial Upload file to server

RayRomanczyk

Using current FMPA and Server, when attempting to upload a solution file to server, can select server, but the fields on left that ask for administrator and password do not allow entry. If I use FMPA 14 for the same process with same file on same server, works fine just as always. Been using 15 for quite a while and have not had this problem until installing the latest update.

Thoughts would be most welcomed.

• 1. Re: Denial Upload file to server
          TSGal

RayRomanczyk:

Thank you for your post.

Are you running under Mac or Windows?  What version operating systems for both FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server?

Are there any special characters in the hostname or account name?

Are you unable to upload all files or just a specific file?  For example, create a new database file with one field, set it for Network Sharing, and try uploading to FileMaker Server.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Denial Upload file to server
            RayRomanczyk

sorry, forgot the basics. Running Sierra on Mac Pro (‘trash can’ model) as server and Sierra on MacBook Pro for user/administrator.

Sierra is 10.12.3 and FMPS is 15.0.1.137

Problem occurs for any file we try to up load. My ‘clean’ file to trouble shoot is named “test lookup”. No special characters. Set for network sharing.

Have literally done uploads hundreds of times.

Only change we can come up with is the recent incremental update to FMPA 15 (15.0.3.305) from previous 15 version.

Can upload files fine in FMP 15 and FMPA 14.

Thanks for the reply.

• 3. Re: Denial Upload file to server
              TSGal

RayRomanczyk:

Thank you for the additional information.

There should be no difference uploading from either FileMaker Pro 15 or FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.  From the information you have given me, I suspect the FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3 update did not complete properly.  If you have your original email, use the link to download a full copy of FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3.  Once downloaded, go to your Hard Disk -> Applications -> FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced folder and move any database files to the Desktop.  Then, remove the existing FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced folder, and install the newly downloaded FileMaker Pro 15.0.3 Advanced.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Denial Upload file to server
                RayRomanczyk

I see what you’re suggesting. My FMPA is from last year’s DevCon. I’ll see if link is till active.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Denial Upload file to server
                  TSGal

RayRomanczyk:

The link from DevCon is still active, but it is for 15.0.1; not 15.0.3.

I will have someone from Customer Assistance contact you with a new link.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Denial Upload file to server
                    RayRomanczyk

great. Thanks so much.