4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2017 8:51 PM by user19752

Webdirect and icon font

sfpx

We have an sdk app that uses a custom font for its images (saves a lot of space and it's very flexible).

That works great on IOS since the font can be included with the app.

It also works with Filemaker Pro if the font is installed on the client computer.

We are thinking of using webdirect .

I tried it on webdirect 14 and the font is converted to a default font .

Any way to make it work ?

What about webdirect 15 ?

• 1. Re: Webdirect and icon font
          sfpx

After more testing I noticed that it will work if the font is installed on the client computer BUT only if the font is specified in the field inspector.

It won't work with a calculation field like

TextSize( TextFont( TextColor( character; Color ); "mycustomfont" ) ; fontsize)

So I lose all the flexibility. I could live with the font size but I really need the color in the calculation.

• 2. Re: Webdirect and icon font
            sfpx

Regarding rich text

From the webdirect 14 guide

Other features, like rich text, simply don’t work.

From the webdirect 15 guide

Other features, like rich text, work in limited circumstances or don’t work at all

So what has changed exactly ?

Will textcolor(mytext, mycolor) work on webdirect 15 ?

• 3. Re: Webdirect and icon font
              sfpx

Well, I tried Texcolor with a Webdirect 15 trial and it does not work.

Really disappointing.

• 4. Re: Webdirect and icon font
                user19752

It says

FileMaker WebDirect offers limited text styles. Highlighting, paragraph text styles, and tab stops are not supported. Rich text is supported only when applied to fields, buttons, and layout text. FileMaker WebDirect only supports rich text that is supported by the web browser.

It looks there is no way to set font size or color of field value on WebD, so calculated or preset values also not support the styles partially applied.