Are there any limitations when passing a list of variables to a script
Example where the Table variables are text:
List ( 200 ; 22 ; 5 ; 2 ; Table1::Cat5Q ; Table1::Cat5A ; Table1::Cat )
as to the number of variables sent or the contents of the variables?
- all numbers ex. List ( 200 ; 22 ; 5 ; 2 )
- all text ex. List ( "quotation" ; "expression" )
- the number of spaces within text
- mixed numbers & text ex. List ( 200 ; 22 ; 5 ; 2 ; Table1::Cat5Q ; Table1::Cat5A )
- a variable containing a number, text & punctuation ex. List ( 100 ; 5 ; "quotation" ; "Is there 1 good reason, I don't know" )
The script step being used is: Set Variable [ $$catA ; Value: GetValue ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ; 3 ) ] to pull the third value from the list.
My issue is having verified the data in the table, The Set Variable step on specific (not all) variables is pulling the wrong item from the list ( a number in the 3rd position when it is the 4th item in the list). It appears it is using either spaces or numbers as a break for the numbered items in the list. I thought it might be a number within text and changed the number to a text word ( 1 to "one") but that didn't make a difference. Any ideas of experience?