AnsweredAssumed Answered

Re-entry of credentials required when file is accessed from FM Cloud

Question asked by jtu on Apr 18, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 by TSGal

Product and version FileMaker 15.0.3.305

OS and version Windows 7 Professional SP1

Hardware Dell laptop, 8GB RAM, 64-bit OS

Description and how to replicate I'm opening a hosted file (B) from a local file (A) via script. The accounts and credentials that exist in A also exist in B. (I have also authorized A to access B, but from my testing I think that is irrelevant to the problem.)

When I work strictly locally, if I log into A as a regular user (password required, read-only access) and run the script to open B, B opens read-only. If I log into A with full permissions and run the same script to open B, B opens with full permissions. In both cases, B opens without any re-entry of credentials, which is the desired behavior.

However, when I upload B to FM Cloud and modify the script to open the hosted version, the behavior is different, but only when I log into A as a regular user. In that case, when the script runs, the system requests the credentials for accessing B. That is a problem for the synchronization routine I want to set up.

Workaround I thought maybe I was doing something wrong and so posted to the Community discussions (Re-entry of credientials required when file with restricted access is hosted on cloud? ). However, I haven't heard anything about the problem itself, so it seems like this may be a bug and not user error. I tried using GoZync as a work-around (couldn't use MirrorSync because of the limitations it has with FM Cloud), but it has the same problem. From reading I've done today, I have found that FM Cloud differs from FM Server in some ways that could be correlated with this problem, but I have no way to test this.

Outcomes