7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 8:53 AM by jeffsb

File is not modifiable

jeffsb

My small nonprofit organization has our FileMaker 14 program hosted by Triple8. So far they have done a credible job for us. Today I downloaded our program from their server and when I opened it to try some experimental modifications of the program I got the message, "This action can not be performed because file is not modifiable."

I contacted Triple8 by their support chat line and told them of the problem and they specifically downloaded the program themselves and opened it. I gave them a username and password. Triple8 reported back:

"I downloaded the file and made a small change to it. I closed it and opened it again. The change I made remained. I did not have any issues saving the file.......  WHatever is causing this does not appear to be related to the server or download from what I can tell."

I have full admin privileges and yet the downloaded copy will not permit any changes. I tried downloading it several times and each time get the same result. My desktop runs Windows 10.

Any suggestions? Any help with this would be appreciated!