There are other know issues caused by Adobe DC Reader:
A work around for one of this issue is described here:
Even though your issue looks different, it could be worth a try:
- Update to the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Delete the Windows font cache at C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT and restart the machine.
- Disable Windows Font Cache Service from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services
- Delete the Adobe cache inside C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\acrord32_sbx\
- Use a zoom level other than 100%.
So you don't think it is Adobe Acrobat DC? Also, any idea why Acrobat would impact the creation of FM pdfs? Are they using what ever PDF engine is installed?
All I know is that Acrobat DC is the cause for other confirmed issues since it affects Font cache and other resources which obviously are also used by FileMaker.
Makes it evident that Acrobat does affect some FM-Functions.
If Acrobat DC is running, Quit Acrobat, restart PC and try FMP save-as-PDF again would be the first I'ld recommend to narrow this down.
If this won't help, deleting the Adobe resources described above and restart PC would be next.
Please let us know about this experience