0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 10:13 AM by bburdeen

open url with calshow for a calendar event? .ICS

bburdeen

I’m having some difficulty trying to create a calendar event that will work in the windows environment and the iPad environment. I’m okay using 2 different methods, meaning “click here for pc users” or “click here for iPad users.” This is how I currently have things set up using Doug’s method from here:  https://hbase.net/2014/05/22/export-calendar-files-from-filemaker-pro-virtual-list-technique/

PC users opt for the OPEN now method while iPad users opt for the EMAIL method.

What I found is that with iOS 10.3.x it isn’t working as seamlessly as before. I’m wondering if this has anything to do with the new APFS file structure. (Or maybe this doesn’t matter at all?)

Anyway, I started looking into the open URL option and found someone mentioned using “calshow://”

I just can’t find any other information, such as what kinds of parameters I can use or that are suggested. Someone else is using a container in some way…

All I’m trying to capture for the calendar event is Date start/end, Time start/end and scrapping a field or 2 to put as the subject.

Can anyone help me with this or point me in a different direction? We are currently running Server 12 looking to migrate to 15 in a week or 2. Our iPad users are still on FMPGO 12 and the current script in place is working as long as these users are on iOS 10.2.1 or lower.