3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 3:47 AM by sharpie

FMS View backup schedules

sharpie

Hi

I have created a reduced access login for FMS admin console (v15.03.308) which has a 'Schedules' tab in LHS menu.. However when I click on this I can't see any that were previously created (presumably by the full access login), I can only create new schedules.

Is there a way for all existing backup schedules (regardless of creator) to show here?

Many Thanks

Sharpie

• 1. Re: FMS View backup schedules
          Johan Hedman

When you create another Admin Group at your FMS that is just for that user, not for all. That is the whole point of having less  control over the FMS. If you need to have a users accessing and handle there own FMS Schedule you also need to make sure they know what they are doing so that they do not end up killing performance on server or even worse putting database up there that have no security

• 2. Re: FMS View backup schedules
            wimdecorte

sharpie wrote:

Is there a way for all existing backup schedules (regardless of creator) to show here?

No.  The whole point of sub-admins is that they only administer files in a specific folder and they can set up backup schedules only for those files.  The other backup schedules do not belong to them.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: FMS View backup schedules
              sharpie

ok thank you all.  The 3 schedules in place currently back up 'all databases' , if I change this to just the folder that the sub admin group can administer then I assume it will show in their list of schedules.  Is this correct?