1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2017 12:39 AM by gdurniak

How to avoid FM looking for External data sources

carlo.motzo

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve a problem that should be simple, but is driving me mad.

I have a (very complex) solution based on Data separation.

The first file, the Viewer, accesses the Data file located on a server.

Everything works perfectly.

Simply, I don't want that the Viewer tries to access the Data file under certain conditions (es. no internet connection).

To do that, I've created a table (Start) on the Viewer not related to anything.

The layout Start is set as the first layout in File options. Just one field on it.

(a button on the layout starts the solution).

A script located in Script triggers of the file sends to Empty layout on closing the file.

(I've read that FM remembers the last layout accessed before closing).

Well, on opening the Viewer FM tries all the times to connect to the Data file.

The message is "The file xxx could not be opened" and FM asks to locate it.

I can't understand why: no relationship is invoked anywhere in the Empty layout.

Looking at the Debugger, FM tries to access the Data file before going to the Start layout (or launching a On first window open script trigger I tried to create). But Why???

Any idea?

The strangest thing is that in another solution based on data separation this behaviour isn't present!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Carlo

1 2 3 4 Previous Next