AnsweredAssumed Answered

Managing Accounts and Privileges

Question asked by bowmankelley on Apr 24, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 by ninja

I am having an issue where I can't log in to a certain database as random users despite the fact that they have been entered in with Privilege sets as alternately data-entry only, and full access.

I can log in as a full access user with the credentials I inherited from the previous admin. However, if I try to login to the database as various other users, I can't get in although they can get in when logged into their machines (as part of a larger group as authenticated by Mac OS X server.)

For instance there is a group db_user. Anybody who is in that group can log in since we are running network directory and they have already been authenticated when they logged into their actual machine.

What is odd is that I can't just add a user and assign them a password and allow that user to just login to that database. I tried adding myself under a  dummy name and assigning myself full-access but it still says 'The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file."

Any clues? I don't think this database is necessarily linked to any others so it is not wanting to take permissions from a previous login or step.

Thanks.

Outcomes