3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 8:49 AM by philmodjunk

Report Based on Portal

mrmulti

Okay I was under a huge misconception with portals.  I assumed they would print as they appeared, but allow for paging using the logic that if the portal had more records than could be displayed, it would simply create another page with the info.  (wouldn't that be nice?)  but nooo

So now I need to find out the RIGHT way to produce this report.  It all works beautifully in browse mode and the preview mode has a great first page.   I know that I need to create a new layout based on the portal's table, but I don't know how to carry over the correct found set so that it prints only the art in the current found set which is all art related to an event.  Here is the parent form, and I need 4 lists based on the Event Art -> Art tables

2017-04-24 (5).png

2017-04-24 (4).png

So basically I need a report based on Event Art -> Art but the Event Art Id must come from the current found set, because I chose that event on the Art Events Layout above .  In Access you could refer to loaded form fields  and use them in SQL statements to find subsets      [Art Events]![Event Art ID].

So the question is where do I put the script and what would it look like?

2017-04-24 (6).png

• 1. Re: Report Based on Portal
          philmodjunk

Go TO Related Records from the first layout shown can pull up the found set of records on the second layout listing the records shown in the portal.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Report Based on Portal
            mrmulti

could you be a littttle more specific?  I did put a script on the second layout to go to the related records but it does not show the the correct set .  specifically where does the script go?  onlayoutenter? I am not sure which table to choose for goto related records.  Art or Art Event?  

• 3. Re: Report Based on Portal
              philmodjunk

put the script on the FIRST layout.

In Go To Related records, select

The name of the portal's Table Occurrence as the "Table".

Select the report layout based on the portal table as the "layout".

Select "Show Only Related Records", Match current record only.

1 of 1 people found this helpful