7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 3:52 PM by wimdecorte

remove password

PeterCortiel

Unfortunately I followed FM's advice and put a password onto my first app

How can I remove it? Or at least add another admin password so I don't have to go through this all the time

Thanks

Peter

• 1. Re: remove password
          philmodjunk

Log in, open Manage | Security and make changes, such as deactivating the account.

If you have the original default admin account with no password, you can make sure that File Options once again specified admin with no password in the "log in using" section.

But if you have a password manager such as key chain, you can also put the password into key chain to avoid having to enter the same password each time.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: remove password
            wimdecorte

PeterCortiel wrote:

so I don't have to go through this all the time

What is the 'this'?  What is the pain-point?

• 3. Re: remove password
              patricia

I am with Wim. The only pain is if you forgot the password.

patricia

• 4. Re: remove password
                PeterCortiel

thanks. BTW it was not the password. I remembered that correctly. It was the account.

• 5. Re: remove password
                  PeterCortiel

I don't get your answer. Are you trying to funny?

The pain point is filemaker is very inconsistent with its UI. Some windows clean by pressing a bottom on the bottom, some on the top. I think that should be cleaned up somewhat .

When I close the last window by mistake I have to log in again.

Thanks to philmfdjunk I could take the password off again.

PS: how come so many people on this forum don't have real names?

Peter

• 6. Re: remove password
                    philmodjunk

PS: how come so many people on this forum don't have real names?

The culture of this community has changed.

Pseudonyms were common originally, not anymore. But, speaking only for myself, "PhilModJunk" became a kind of "brand" that is recognizeable where, if I changed it, I would no longer be recognized--at least for a while as the person participating under that current Pseudonym.

And "Phil" at least is my real name....

• 7. Re: remove password
                      wimdecorte

PeterCortiel wrote:

I don't get your answer. Are you trying to funny?

The pain point is filemaker is very inconsistent with its UI. Some windows clean by pressing a bottom on the bottom, some on the top. I think that should be cleaned up somewhat .

When I close the last window by mistake I have to log in again.

Not trying to be funny; I was genuinely trying to understand what the 'this' was in your description.  It was not clear to me.  I thought that perhaps by asking the question and understanding what process you were going to, I could maybe... you know... offer assistance?

I certainly would not have guessed that your pain point was with the lack of consistency in the FM UI.