3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2017 1:55 PM by TSGal

Windows 10 and FileMaker 15 Layout Display

jerrysalem

When I open a FileMaker solution on a PC with Windows 10 installed I am having problems getting layouts to display.

The computer is an i7 with 8G ram and plenty of free space.

Installed is the latest version of FileMaker 15 (15.0.3) 64 Bit.

When I open one of the starter solutions, I see a blank screen.

I can get the layout to redraw by toggling the status toolbar on or off.

When I open our production database (hosted on FMS 15) I see the same behavior.

Open the database you get a white screen.

If you toggle the status toolbar, it draws the layout.

If you then click a button that takes you to a different layout, the layout doesn't appear to change for the user.

But when you move the mouse around you can tell you are on a different layout because the curser changes from pointer to finger when you roll over where the buttons would be.

Also if the navigation button takes you to a new layout that has a field with a value list, it draws the value list over top of the old layout.

Finally, if the status toolbar happens to be open, you can see the name of the current layout (reported in the top left of the toolbar) does change even though the window wasn't redrawn.  Toggling the status toolbar fixes it.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

We have users moving to Windows 10 now and this is a problem.

BTW, same computer, install FM14.06 works fine.

Jerry

• 1. Re: Windows 10 and FileMaker 15 Layout Display
          TSGal

jerrysalem:

Thank you for  your post.

Do all Windows 10 users experience the blank screen?  Or, is it just your machine?

If this is only occurring on your machine, temporarily create a new Windows 10 user, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro, and open the hosted file.  Does this work?

If the issue is happening on all Windows 10 machines, were all the machines configured the same way?  If you get access to a new Windows 10 machine that has not yet been configured, see if you are still able to replicate the blank screen.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Windows 10 and FileMaker 15 Layout Display
            jerrysalem

Corporate is rolling out Windows 10 laptops.  Only about 5 users have them that I know of on Windows 10.  All are set up basically the same, corporate won't let us create multiple users on the computers but I will check.  I think all of the users are experiencing blank and frozen screens. (when they first start the database the screen is blank, if they figure out to resize the screen they can see the layout, but if they navigate to another screen the window doesn't update). 

They see the same effect on new files and the production database.

Other apps (word & excel) work fine.

FileMaker 14 works fine on these machines.

• 3. Re: Windows 10 and FileMaker 15 Layout Display
              TSGal

jerrysalem:

Thank you for the additional information.

I forgot to mention in my last posting that I am unable to replicate the issue on my Windows 10 computer.  I can launch any of the built-in solutions, and they all open to the appropriate screen.  My Settings -> Display is set for 100%.

Since I am unable to replicate the issue, and since all of your corporate Windows 10 laptops are configured identically, see if you can get FileMaker Pro 15.0.3 installed on a machine that is yet to be configured.  That is, just Windows 10 with nothing else.

If this is not possible, then consider having a Startup script that adjusts the database window to a certain size and then back to the original size.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.