AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to create new privilege sets post FMPro conversion fp7 to fmp12

Question asked by ninan on Apr 26, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 by ninan

I converted a number of databases from FM Pro 7 and am experiencing an issue with custom Account Privilege sets.  The databases were converted from .fp7 to .fmp12 files via FM Pro 13 and are now hosted on FM 15 Server.  Some of the databases had custom account privilege sets while others only had default account privilege sets prior to conversion.  Some of the databases were password protected, some were not.

Upon creating a new privilege set in the fmp.12 databases, the new privilege set is unrecognized- I am able to log in with the new account credentials, but it has ViewOnly display privileges regardless of what I've set the custom privileges to be. Editing and deleting records, and changing to Layouts mode is greyed out.  If a custom privilege existed prior to the conversion, those privileges have been preserved post-conversion however I receive the same behaviour after adding a new custom privilege (greyed out, ViewOnly options).

Any advice/ guidance / documentation on how to troubleshoot is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Outcomes