7 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 1:25 PM by TSGal

Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD

Jonathan Jeffery

Product and version FileMaker Server  15.0.3.308

OS and version      Win2012 and Mac OS10.12

Browser and version iE 11.0.9600.18639 and Safari 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34)

Hardware     Dedicated PC server and a Mac Mini (mid 2011)

Description

Creating a new style for a button bar, in a new database.

The bar itself has no lines.

Inactive segments have white line at the bottom.

the active segment has a black line at the bottom.

The idea is to have active segment 'underlined' by a black line.

This works fine when the database is accessed via FMpro.

However, when using WebD, the initial view (with the default segment active) works, but when you click on another segment to make it active, the black line does not show.

Other elements signed by the style to the active segment (e.g. bold text, different coloured background) do show.

I have tried this on two different databases, one hosted on a windows machine, one hosted on a mac, each time creating the button bar style from scratch and saving it to the theme.

Workaround      None    

• 1. Re: Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD
          TSGal

Jonathan Jeffery:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. In FileMaker Pro 15.0.3 under macOS Sierra 10.12.4, I created a new database file, Test2.fmp12, with one Text field (Name), and entered one record (Name = "TSGal").

2. I created a Button Bar with three segments.

3. The Button Bar is set to have no lines and no fill.

4. The Active Segment has a black line at the bottom.

5. The Inactive Segment has a white line at the bottom.

6. I saved the layout and verified it worked as expected in FileMaker Pro.

7. I turned off the Auto-login File Options.

8. I set the Admin password to admin.

9. I turned on Network Sharing.

10. I turned on WebDirect access.

11. I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 15.0.3 running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

12. I accessed the hosted file using FileMaker Pro 15.0.3 to ensure everything was working.

13. I accessed the hosted file via WebDirect using Safari 10.1.

14. The active and inactive segments worked as expected for all three button segments.

I have attached the file so you can determine what I'm doing differently than you.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD
            Jonathan Jeffery

Hi,

Those steps look OK.

However:

I took your file and hosted it on a FileMaker Server 15.0.3 running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I then edited the style on the button bar on the hosted file, to make it match my exact requirements (with the idea that I'd just paste it back into my original database and save the style).

After a very few changes to the style (font and background colour), your style started to behave as described in my original posting in WebD -- the lower line does not persist when the active segment is changed.

Important note: this editing was done at home, on my home laptop (2017 MacBook Pro running OS10.12) , and therefore a completely different machine and install of FileMaker 15.0.3 from the one where the problem was originally seen)

Can I send the file (admin password is still admin), so that your compare the behaviours of your button bar before and after the small changes I made to the theme?

Interestingly when I ran a recovery, the log file reported an error for the theme:

2017-04-28 10:13:01.423 +0100Test2.fmp120Recovering: theme catalog
            2017-04-28 10:13:01.429 +0100Test2.fmp120  Rebuilding theme catalog order list: name
            2017-04-28 10:13:01.443 +0100Test2.fmp120  Recovering: theme 'com.filemaker.theme.custom.F1D8F639_E7E5_4A08_BA40_2AB7C62FF057' (1)
            2017-04-28 10:13:01.454 +0100Test2.fmp128476    This item changed

Regards,

J.

• 3. Re: Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD
              Jonathan Jeffery

Hi,

Having played with this further, the problem arrises when you save the modified style to the theme.

If I create a button bar (as you describe above) as a modified version of the default (i.e. not saved as a new style in the theme) it will work in WebD as expected.

However, as soon as I save the changes as a new style in the theme, the button bar starts to render as I described in my original post.

Regards,

J.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD
                TSGal

Jonathan Jeffery:

No need to send in a file.  If I simply save the "Button Bar" Style to the Enlightened theme, the issue manifests itself.

I have forwarded your posts along with my sample file to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD
                  TSGal

Jonathan Jeffery:

Our Testing department is able to reproduce the issue only when the active border is 1 point thick.  When it is set to 2 points or higher, the issue no longer occurs.  All information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD
                    Jonathan Jeffery

Oh, I'm getting it with 2pt and 3pt borders... still I hope fixing 1pt problems will also fix my 3pt problem!

• 7. Re: Button Bar tool does not pick up style in WebD
                      TSGal

Jonathan Jeffery:

I am also able to replicate the issue.  I suspect the tester only changed the point size but did not save the Style and/or the Theme.  I have asked for clarification.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.