alienandra

Match information from two tables and set new fields based on one table information

Discussion created by alienandra on Apr 27, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hi. I have some problems with trying to import some information from one field from one table to another field to another table that come from value lists options. I will explain it better:

I would like to choose different meal options for a meeting based on information from one table.

I have two tables: 1) Input information. Has the input information for choosing 2) Selections. Has the information chosen and the price bases on selection

INPUT INFORMATION TABLE

It has the next fields:

Category | Type | Brand | Specifications | Presentation | Portions | Price |

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 12.35.16 PM.png

SELECTIONS TABLE

It has the fields:

Category | Type | Brand | Specifications | Presentation | Portions | Price | Units | Cost per row | Cost per meeting

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 1.07.36 PM.png

The red fields come from choosing a Hierarchical value list based on input information table (this part is currently working). I would like that once this options have been chosen, then it could match a record from the input table and "copy" the portions and price per unit information than come from the information table. After that, then I can calculate the units that I need and the cost per row

I'm lost in how the row from the portal can "recognize" the same information in the input table and copy the blue field information.

Outcomes