3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2017 1:00 AM by Johan Hedman

Sub-total in portals

bongpko

I have recently imported my simple access database into Filemaker and trying to recreate it by using components form the starter solutions. Made all the necessary tables and relationships based on what i know and what is working on access. i have attached a copy of the filemaker i made and have need some help on some items i wanted to do. I am not much familiar with sql programming and all the knowledge i know are based on what i gathered from the web. My problem lies in making the calculations on subtotal in portals. Like total items quantity and amount per customers on to layout/portal/or tab control. For Customer Layout, we display using Customer Informations; Tab control that shows Total sales (invoice, date, item,qty, price and amount), Per Product Category sales (invoice #, items, qty, price, amount and date)

1. For Total Sales tab control (it only shows the first item on the list on each invoice), is there a way to display all the items on the invoice.
      2. For Pencil/Ballpen/etc.(per product category) tab conrol (the correct date on the invoice will not display). And I cannot get the correct total items and total quantity per product catergory. This might need a combination of operators/soring that I cannot figure out.
      3. For Layout : Invoice Details table view (maybe same problem with (a.) only show the 1st item on each invoice as suppose to be showing all items on each invoice.
        • 1. Re: Sub-total in portals
          Johan Hedman

You can not create sub totals with native FileMaker portal records. For that you need use some other techniques like Virtual Lists, ExecuteSQL and show portal in List view.

A. The portal on Total Sales Tab is just going to Invoice, not Invoice Row. Therefore it is only showing first record. Make the portal go to Invoice Detail instead and you will see all details for each invoice

B. In other tabs on Customer you can not go to Invoice Detail and then back up to Invoice. You need to add another Table Occurrence after Invoice Detail to Invoice to be able to see correct date

C. Seems like you have a Filter on the Portal that you can delete straight away.

• 2. Re: Sub-total in portals
            bongpko

Thanks Johan,

I noticed that for both portals the problem are correlated, if i change the portal total sales tab to go thru invoice row it will display incorrect dates but if i only go thru invoice only will only display 1st record on each invoice.

Would you kindly illustrate how to make that table occurrence that you said and how it works, btw, just got computer with filemaker installed and we are planning to switch from pc to apple so im trying to migrate the access db to filemaker. Still exploring filemaker and was hoping can get faster answers in forums where people deal with it on daiy basis.

• 3. Re: Sub-total in portals
              Johan Hedman

First off, here is a example of your A task as attached file

Then I think you should read the free FileMaker Training Series - FileMaker Training Series | FileMaker