AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM Server Crash Upon Committing Database Changes

Question asked by NicholasWelander on May 3, 2017
Latest reply on May 5, 2017 by NicholasWelander

One of our files has been crashing every time we try to commit database changes.

• About 10 files are hosted with 60+ active users. (We have a development server, but we program on the production server for a couple weeks after a release to make any fixes on the fly.)
  • Users are not able to login, but all users currently logged in can still function, though I'm not sure how long that would last.
  • None of the other files are affected.
  • We've found that simply closing the file and reopening it does not work, so we've had to restart the server every time.
  • It initially occurred perhaps every other week, but now it seems to happen every time a database change is committed.
  • It does not seem to be specific to any table or field. So far (as we can recall), adding fields or modifying relationships has caused the crash.
  • We've rebuilt the file and it found/fixed one source of corruption. I believe that was an isolated incident, though.
  • When the developer that causes the crash does so, the event log only states "example.user has been disconnected / is not responding".

I'm looking for possible causes or solutions. Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.

Thank you,

Nick

Outcomes