I suggest telling us the FMS version and the OS it runs on.
A few questions:
- does the issue occurs only for specific clients (FMP, FMGO,... ) ?
- does the issue occurs for specific platforms ?
- did you run a Recover on a copy of the database ?
FMS 126.96.36.1998, which should be up to date.
Windows 2012 R2 server
- The issue is only triggered from developers committing database changes. The file crashes before any changes are made. We are using FMP Advanced 15.0.3 on Mac OS 10.
- When the issue occurs, no clients are able to re-login.
- We took the database offline and performed a Recover yesterday. It found and fixed one source of corruption (though I don't believe that existed before yesterday). We are currently using the recovered file and still experiencing the issue.
Thank you for your response.
Did you have a look at Windows logs on the server, maybe there could be clues in there.
The logs don't show anything. The server itself didn't crash, only one of the FM databases.
I'm not even sure if "crash" is the correct term here, as the server did not immediately go down, users could simply not login. Users currently logged in could operate normally (I don't know for how long, we try to restart the server immediately).