One of our files has been crashing every time we try to commit database changes.
- About 10 files are hosted with 60+ active users. (We have a development server, but we program on the production server for a couple weeks after a release to make any fixes on the fly.)
- Users are not able to login, but all users currently logged in can still function, though I'm not sure how long that would last.
- None of the other files are affected.
- We've found that simply closing the file and reopening it does not work, so we've had to restart the server every time.
- It initially occurred perhaps every other week, but now it seems to happen every time a database change is committed.
- It does not seem to be specific to any table or field. So far (as we can recall), adding fields or modifying relationships has caused the crash.
- We've rebuilt the file and it found/fixed one source of corruption. I believe that was an isolated incident, though.
- When the developer that causes the crash does so, the event log only states "example.user has been disconnected / is not responding".
I'm looking for possible causes or solutions. Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.