7 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2017 6:16 AM by beverly

Portal repeats one record instead of showing multiple records

MarkHarrison

I have created a database for tracking donations of books to the library where I work. I have a DONORS table with data about each donor and each donor has a DonorID. There is a matching field in a separate DONATIONS table. That table tracks the types of books and numbers of books donated  a whole in a given donation (e. g. 30 hardbacks, 20 paperbacks, 50 total).

I have created a portal in the DONORS table to list donation ID, the dates associated total quantity of items and whether or not that's an approximated number (all fields from the DONATIONS table. In the DONATIONS table there are three fields for donation types, quantities, approximated or not, like Items1, Quantity1, Approximation1, and then 2, and then 3, and then a total items field and total quantity field and total approximation field. The "approximation" fields are simply drawn from a values list with two options, APPROXIMATED, NOT APPROXIMATED.

The problem I am having is that the portal in the DONORS table layout, for which I used the default of 11 rows, the same record is showing on all lines. Where I entered a record for a second donation for a donor, that donation record is not showing up in the portal.  How can this be happening?