AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting up relationships

Question asked by sblake on May 4, 2017
Latest reply on May 5, 2017 by TSPigeon

Last used FMPro about 20 years ago and did not get into relational databases.  Now working part time for a small association and came upon a problem that I know FM can solve.  Their data is now stored on spreadsheets with multiple tabs and 67 columns!!

The challenge:

179 companies

Each company has from 1 to about 15 plants

Each plant is certified every three years in one of three areas - I'll call them A, B, and C.

So far:

Each company can have MANY plants.

Each plant can have only ONE company.

Each plant can have MANY certifications, i.e. a new one every three years (and we have to keep historical data)

Have to track the certification process:  when applied, when fee paid, when test submitted, when certified; then ongoing quarterly tests for next three years.  And then process starts over.  Want to show this in one easy to use layout.

I haven't been able to show the company on a plant page.  Need unique ID#s??

And  --- Certification type A can belong to many plants but its particulars -- when certified, when expires -- belong to only one plant.

Have 8 more days on the Trial Version and want to demonstrate to them that FMPro is the way to go.  BTW, no one in this office had ever heard of FMPro.  Hope to make believers out of them.

Thanks to any and all suggestions.

Outcomes