AnsweredAssumed Answered

iOS FM Go server version custom URL scheme

Question asked by barryj on May 4, 2017
Latest reply on May 5, 2017 by barryj

I have a custom iOS app built in Xcode running on iPad to communicate with external GPS hardware via bluetooth and pass position data back to Filemaker.
This all works perfectly when operating from a database stored locally on the iPad using the custom URL scheme and returning back to FM using the following code (Objective C) in my app to create the URL:
filemakerURL = [NSURL URLWithString:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"FMP://$/%@?script=GPS_SET_FIELD&param=%s%%0d%s", m_pCallackString, m_LatString, m_LonString]];

m_pCallackString is the database name passed by FM to the app when the FM script launches it with the 'Open URL' script step.

I am completely stumped as to how, or even if it's possible, to do this when the user launches a remote database on the server via FM Go or via web direct. My GPS comms app gets launched, but can't ever get back to database which launched it

The thing I'm investigating right now is to leave my app running in the background and use the clipboard to pass requests to, and get results back.

I have setup a timer script in filemaker to check the clipboard for the result string, once per second.

This is really flaky and less than ideal though.

Any and all suggestions (however crazy) gladly accepted.

Outcomes