I hava a FM 11 file called BETA
I clone it and rename it ALPHA
When I am in a record and Print as PDF it comes up as BETA.
I do a file recovery and it still PDF as BETA
I upgrade it to FM 14 and it still PDF as BETA
Here is a snap shot:
List is an issue documented in the KnowledgeBase a long time ago. To learn more:
I believe doing a file recovery and using the recovered file will fix this. There is odd printing/file data that FM stores within the file.
Maybe the advanced recover option, Delete cached settings would do that?
But I don't recall if the older FileMaker 11 had that option or not as I forget when "advanced recover options" was first added...
Recover File is available as a script step since v6. I am not sure if this is the same as the FMPA file recovery process for fmp12.
I became familiar with this when I had a file using old stored print settings (for a different printer) and overriding a print script or a manual print with the stored settings in FM13.
I am talking about using the FMPA File Recovery, not the script step.
And I am talking about Advanced Recovery Options--also not a script step.
I think that these were available in FileMaker 11, but that may be a case of misremembering on my part.
I believe this was also available in v11, but I think it makes sense to do the recovery in v14 after the file has been converted.
yep. I had missed the fact that the OP is upgrading to 14.
Well, a known bug... kind of embarrassing when client B see client A name appear.
I made a clone.
Did advanced recovery
But I may have missed delete cache setting. SO I will try again and let you know how it goes.
I honestly don't know if this advanced recover option will fix the issue. I asked this as a question--something to try anyway after bigtom suggested recover. If it works, it's a faster and less drastic way to fix the issue, but you'll have to try this for yourself.
Keeping your file names function oriented, not client specific is a how I do things anyway--but that's not something you can do retroactively.
I agree complete phil. But the damage is done. Plus using my product name helps with the branding.
Retrieving data ...