10 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2017 2:34 PM by bigtom

GoDaddy SSL with FMS15

PaulKneipp

I'm following this guide: Configuring security for FileMaker Server 15 and higher | FileMaker

I'm using a certificate from GoDaddy. When I follow these instructions, what I get from GoDaddy are two files: 19b4c21782d69xx.crt and gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt. The bundle file appears to be three certificates together. The first file has one. It doesn't matter what I do, I can't get this to work. I don't know if I need the first file as an intermediate but I've tried with and without. The error is "Failed to very the signed and intermediate certificates" I've tried this many times and it involves clearing the old request and going back to GoDaddy to request a new key. Very frustrating. Has anyone successfully done this? I asked GoDaddy about FileMaker Pro certificates and the response was "What's FileMaker Pro" Thanks for your time it's much appreciated.

PS: I have read the thread here on this issue and it doesn't help me. I most need to know exactly which cert goes where. I will be using Chrome on the actual server.