2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2017 11:18 AM by philmodjunk

Parsing filename from insert and setting corresponding fields

talkersw

Hi all. This is pretty simple to understand. I have a filename to insert into the container that will have a naming convention such as:

"name1_type_date" ...each value between the underscores has a corresponding text field on the layout

When I insert the file into the container, I would like to parse out each of the values separated by "_" and set them in the 3 corresponding fields on the layout.

For example:

Uploaded filename is: sam_contract_9_22_2017

Set name1: Sam

Set type: contract

Set date: 9/22/2017

I already have it modifying the filename on the insert to build the name from these fields when populated, but I also want it to work the reverse way so that someone can quickly get everything entered just from uploading the files.

• 1. Re: Parsing filename from insert and setting corresponding fields
          siplus

Set a $Var to

Let (

elements = Substitute(Filename; "_"; ¶);

List(  GetValue(Elements; 1); GetValue(elements; 2); Date(GetValue(Elements; 3); GetValue(Elements; 4); GetValue(Elements; 5)  )

)

and assign your 3 fields to GetValue($Var; 1) , GetValue($Var; 2) and GetAsDate(GetValue($Var; 3))

• 2. Re: Parsing filename from insert and setting corresponding fields
            philmodjunk

Set Variable [ $NameData ; value: Substitute ( GetContainerAttribute  ( YourTable::Container ; "FileName" ) ; "_" ; ¶ ) ]

Set Field [ YourTable::Name ; GetValue ( $NameData ; 1 ) ]

Set Field [ YourTable::Type ; GetValue ( $NameData ; 2 ) ]

Set Field [ YourTable::Date ; Date ( GetValue ( $NameData ; 3 ; ) ;

GetValue ( $NameData ; 4 ) ;

GetValue ( $NameData ; 5 ) ) ]