5 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 8:23 AM by Draco

API REST FMS16 ( COST )

Draco

Hi,

The use of the REST API, ... will it have an associated cost ( Like WD ) ? Or will be part of a feature of FMS16 for free use. ?

Answer:  Will be paid.

I understand the bites, but everything has a limit. Apparently the day will come when we will have to pay for the amount of records that have our databases, ... I hope I did not give you an idea

regards

Draco

• 1. Re: API REST FMS16
          TSPigeon

Draco:

Thank you for your post!

Current information on this can be found in FileMaker Data API.

I hope this helps!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: API REST FMS16 ( COST )
            TSPigeon

You might also see FileMaker Data API trial

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: API REST FMS16
              Draco

jajajajajajaja !! ... I can not believe it. ... this is not going well !!

Must be the unique BD that charges for this feature ( Monthly or annually ).

Draco

• 4. Re: API REST FMS16 ( COST )
                ibrahim_bittar

In short: They don't know yet.

The idea is to let people give it a try and hear feedback. I believe it should be free but there are concerns about using this technology to get over FileMaker licensing, so time will tell.

Probably people will do some tests but I don't see developer heavily investing in this technology until there is some certainty about licensing. Looks nice, can be used from FileMaker Pro through "Insert From URL..." script step and in some cases it would help you to create a "free" client (if such thing exists), but to do so it would require a complete redesign of your solution, which would cost much more than FileMaker regular licensing, in my humble opinion.

P.S.: I'll speak about integration this Devcon, hope you can attend this year .

Best regards

Ibrahim

• 5. Re: API REST FMS16 ( COST )
                  Draco

Hola Ibrahim, yo entiendo lo contrario,

...lo tienen muy claro (ver negritas)

...they are very clear (see bold)

FileMaker Data API

Answer ID: 16464

Products

FileMaker Server

16.x

The FileMaker® Data API is an application programming interface (API) that allows web services to access data in hosted solutions. Because this API conforms to Representational State Transfer (REST) architecture, the FileMaker Data API is a REST API. For further information refer to the FileMaker Data API Guide.

The current version for FileMaker Server 16 is offered as trial software that expires on September 27, 2018. Once the trial expires, the feature will cease to operate. This feature was designated as a trial to gather more customer feedback and help improve the Data API.

Moving forward, we expect to have a licensing model for the FileMaker Data API. Our plan is to have this licensing model in place before the trial expires*. In order to continue using the FileMaker Data API, customers will need to upgrade to the latest version of the FileMaker Platform before the trial expires.

Furthermore, this worries,

FMI is not obligated to provide any maintenance, technical or other support for the Data API Feature provided hereunder, or any updates to you for the Data API Feature.

You acknowledge that FMI has no express or implied obligation to announce or make available a full commercial version of this Data API Feature to anyone in the future. Should a full commercial version be made available, it may have features or functionality that are different from those found in this Data API Feature hereunder and/or may be subject to additional fees.