AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker 16 Rest API

Question asked by IanWilson on May 9, 2017
Latest reply on May 10, 2017 by kdoronzio

So far I've managed to successfully connect to FMS16 using cURL in the Terminal; I've used Paw to perform all CRUD operations and I've successfully connected a client FM16 database to a hosted database and also managed all CRUD operations, but ...

I've had no success using cURL in PHP to connect to a FMS hosted database. I've tried with a Debian-hosted PHP script running in a VMWare virtual machine and I've also tried a localhost PHP script on my Mac. On both instances, FMS16 is installed on a VMware virtual machine running OS X 10.12.4. I'm using PHP 5.6.30 in all set-ups. I've also tried it with FileMaker Server's own baked in PHP and my own standard installation on Sierra. Neither would make a connection to the FMS hosted database.

Has anyone else tried this?

The trouble seems to start with initializing a cURL session using $ch = curl_init(). This causes the script to bomb totally. Has anyone come across this?

This is an example of the PHP script that I've been using:

<?php

$data = array("user" => "restuser", "password" => "restpass", "layout" => "contacts" );                                                                                                                                     

$data_string = json_encode($data);

echo $data_string."<BR>"; // this checks to see if the json is OK. Useful for debugging

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data_string);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/json')); 

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'https://fms16.local/fmi/rest/api/auth/contacts');   // also tried http:// with no luck too                                                                 

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

$result = curl_exec($ch);

curl_close($ch);

return $result;

?>

Cheers

Ian

Outcomes