10 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2017 11:17 AM by weissec

Values list displays extra values that are not in the field the values list draws from

weissec

Hi all,

Looking for some helping in understanding an error I am having with a values list. I made a conditional drop down where when a user selects a checkbox indicating a type of information they want included in the drop down a script runs that pulls that information from a custom values list using ValuesListItems(). The information is then added to a field. The values list for the drop down displays the all values from the field. This worked in several test files both local and server based, but shortly after implementing the change the values list starting have additional values in it that were not in the table.

Ex:

User selects Original from the models field

The values list should display

Maxilla Model

Mandible Model

Full Skull Model

Maxilla/Mandible 1-Piece Model

Maxilla/Mandible 2-Piece Model

The script runs and updates the field and the field display

Maxilla Model

Mandible Model

Full Skull Model

But when I select the drop down it displays

Maxilla Model

Mandible Model

Full Skull Model

Bone Osteotomy  Guide

Distractor Marking Guide

Mandible Marking Guide

(several other extra values)

The extra values are values that could be added to the drop down if the user selected other check boxes in the guides field, but those check boxes are not selected and the field that the values list is generated from only displays the model values.

Any help in understanding my mistake and the interaction that is occurring would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks