1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 6:02 AM by TSGal

UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows

ClickWorks

On my Windows 10 PC when I have 2 overlapping Script Workspace  windows I have a minor issue if you first click in an If or Else If script step and then click out of it. Then the focus shifts to the other Script Workspace window.

The issue appears only when directly editing a If or Else If condition in the blue box in the Script Workspace window, not when you click the grey function button to edit in the popup window.

• 1. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
          ClickWorks

Update: the other window does not have to be another Script Workspace window, it could be any other FileMaker window.

• 2. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
            TSGal

ClickWorks:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue under both Windows 7 and Windows 10.  When I either click or tab out of an "If" or "Else If" script step, I stay on the same Script window (and script step).

Do you have any plug-ins installed?

If you create a new file, are you able to replicate the issue?

If you create a new Windows account, login to the account, launch FileMaker Pro 16 and create a new file, are you able to replicate the issue?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
              Davesmind

I am also experiencing this issue although im not sure it is just directly related to IF statements. I have found that when working in the Script Workspace, if i click on a row or click off a row to save the changes it will act as if i clicked on the window below the workspace. I usually have my application open full screen and run the script workspace on top of that screen. As i am working on the scripts it will suddenly bring the application to the forefront. This has been happening on a regular basis. I have both FM 15 Adv and 16Adv and this only occurs in 16. This bug does not happen every time i am working, but it has happened about 20 times in the last few hours i have been working.

• 4. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                Davesmind

I can actively recreate this issue. It seems to occur when your select any window and then select the script workspace. If you click on a filemaker window and then click on the Script Workspace and begin editing a IF statement, when you attempt to click off of the statement it will select the window below the script workspace. I can provide a video of the action. I have tested this same issue with other applications and the same action occurs.

• 5. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                  TSGal

Davesmind:

Please attach a video of the action.

Are you running under Windows or Mac?  What version of the OS?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                    Davesmind

Windows 10 Pro - most recent update Creators 1703. I was able to repeat the action in my own application. I created a new application with FM 16. That is the video you are seeing. This does not always occur, but it occurs enough to slow down the development process. It does seem that once it does occur you can keep repeating the action. I do not know all of the particulars that lead up to it occurring. I thought at first it was maximized windows, but i suddenly could not get it to show up. I also tested with normal windows and i could not get it to occur. I then created this example to see if i was crazy, but it was suddenly occurring.

• 7. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                      Davesmind

Update: This same action seems to also occur when entering comments into scripts. It seems any script action that allows editing on the script workspace, without opening another window, is susceptible to this.

• 8. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                        ClickWorks

Yes I can reproduce this with entering comments as well. I have tested this by creating 2 new files in FMPA16 on Windows 10 (Creators Update).

• 9. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                          TSGal

Davesmind:

Thank you for the movie link.  Although I am still unable to replicate the issue, I have sent all information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                            TSGal

ClickWorks and Davesmind:

Testing has viewed the video but is unable to reproduce the issue on Windows 10 with the Creators Update.  Testing has asked to see a sample file that reproduces the issue.  I have sent both of you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                              TSGal

ClickWorks:

Your files have been received.  Although I am still unable to reproduce the issue, I have sent the files to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I will keep you posted.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                                Davesmind

I never sent a file as i had some major server issues for this entire week and did not have a chance to respond to these emails.

There really isn't anything to my file. I created a new file and when ever there is a element that allows you to enter data via data entry within the script workspace, focus is lost. This is a new blank file.

I did notice that the behavior stops if i select an unrelated application. That is if i select the Filemaker window then select the script workspace, then i can repeat the issue at hand. If i then click on another application, such as google chrome, selecting it and clicking a tab or so, the effect does not occur. If i go back to the script workspace the effect no longer occurs. If i then select the Filemaker window and then select the workspace i will now lose focus.

Short version:

I can video the action. Filemaker to Script Workspace generates the effect. Filemaker to Chrome to Script Workspace window no effect. Select Filemaker and go back to Script Workspace and effect returns.

• 13. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                                  TSGal

Davesmind (and ClickWorks):

One of our Testers was able to reproduce the issue only with Windows 10 Creators Update and FileMaker Pro 16.  The issue did not happen under FileMaker Pro 15, and the issue didn't occur in Windows 10 without the Creators Update.  The information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: UI issue with Script Workspace window in FMPA16 on Windows
                                    jcpython

same issue here, windows 10, also with the windows creators update installed and using filemaker 16. I have a lot of work to do in filemaker and this has really slowed me down and i do hope this is resolved ASAP... in the meantime i have found a sort of way around using the script workspace without having the window lose focus, after working in a scipt step, instead of clicking out of the step to another step, just use the tab key instead ....works for me so maybe will work for others as well. again its not a solution but a slightly less annoying bug now.

1 2 Previous Next